Making the brand visible
During a trip to Paderborn, Joseph Deiters became fascinated by the Window of Three Hares in the cathedral cloister. He saw in the archetypal symbol a strong connection with his own company and its focus and challenges. To him, the three hares symbolised growth, speed, connection, community and presence, but also humility before natures and its gifts.
When Crespel & Deiters decided to develop a protected trademark as a seal of quality for its products, the three hares symbol was soon chosen. In 1899, the company registered and protected the symbol as a trademark with the Imperial Patent Office in Berlin.
The Crespel & Deiters logo was born. It was intended to be the external face of the company and its products. This visible, and at the time completely revolutionary way of presenting a company’s identity, made a significant contribution to Crespel & Deiters’s success , and became the guarantee of product quality that always remains high.